10/10/11

Wrapping Paper in the Attic

Sometimes I need to give a gift all wrapped up and pretty, so I squirm through my attic to the Wrapping Paper Box. It’s a big cardboard box on the floor with everything I need in it – somewhere.

Today I organized The Box. I didn’t even know I had any gift tags, but sure enough, they were organized like confetti in The Box. And wow! I found that tissue paper I ironed. It had disappeared into the caverns that had just sort of happened in there amid the mashed bows, tangled ribbon, two rolls of wrapping paper (one for Christmas and one for a girl baby shower), and gift bags. I had no idea how many gift bags I had accumulated.

I don’t use The Box very often, and when I do it takes me several trips before I am able to produce an attractive, color-coordinated gift wrapped package. Can’t seem to get it all at once.

Today I had a eureka moment and realized I didn’t have to put up with that big, bulky cardboard box. I bought a big basket and a hook and put all that stuff in it and hung it up. Now I can easily carry it out of the attic!

This is a lot of trouble for someone who doesn’t give gifts very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment