2/27/14

COMPUTER REPAIR



My computer wouldn’t turn on and my son Fred said it needed a new power supply.  He said I could simply take one from an old computer and install it.  Really?  

I happened to have two computers on death row.  Why not give this a try? 

After Fred told me what a power supply looked like (I thought it was a plug in the wall), I removed it from one of the old computers and began installing it in the good computer.  It went well until I got to the last wire, which was TOO SHORT.  I stepped back to scream.  I looked at the computer.  Why hadn’t I noticed?  The computer itself was shorter.  Of course the wire was shorter.

Being pretty wired myself, I snatched the other computer off death row.  I opened it up.  OMG!  It was packed with wires.  It had two of everything.  Perhaps I could plug in half the wires and leave the others hanging?  . . .

Can you believe it?  It worked! 

(Note:  I wrote this story a couple of months before the computer died.)

No comments:

Post a Comment