2/13/14

WATCH THAT ICE!




It had been snowing at least an hour when I realized my cell phone was in the car.  The sleet had not started yet (thank you God!).  I had found my old black boots when we moved to the apartment.  With that good fortune, I knew I would be fine even if the sidewalk was slippery.  I headed down the elevator and out into the snow. 

The sidewalk wasn’t slippery at all.  I stopped to take a picture of the snowflakes falling.  I shuffled through the snow happily, with nice, dry feet inside my boots.  I headed back for the elevator, and the concrete wasn’t even slippery.  Then I stepped into the elevator. 

I didn’t just fall. I slammed, then yelled, “Shit!  That hurt!”  After recovering, I placed my booted foot on the floor of the elevator – as if to stand up.  It slid like oil on Teflon.  I decided that staying on my knees was the safest bet.  When the door opened, I crawled off the elevator.

Those boots are in the garbage now, and I’m going to stay inside and pop Advil for a few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment