2/18/14

IMPULSIVE REACTIONS





We all have knee-jerk reactions sometimes.  In a “Chicken Soup for the Soul” e-newsletter today, the author writes that she threw walnuts at a snake and ran into the house, “slamming and bolting the door as if the snake would follow me inside.”

I can relate to that.  One snowy, icy day in Wisconsin I was pulling downhill into our driveway and the tires lost traction.  Mashing hard on the brake, I reached up fast for the garage-door remote control and tried to get the door to open before crashing into it.  It wasn’t opening fast enough so I blasted the horn!

Another brilliant moment came when I was putting up nails underneath my kitchen cabinets and just above the ceramic tile backsplash.  Not having particularly good prowess with a hammer, I was real careful getting the nail started.  Once it was pretty firm, I started to raise the hammer more aggressively and nail it in good.  Thinking twice about this, I decided to use something to pad the tile – just in case.  Unfortunately, I used my thumb.

There have been other brain hiccups, which I’ll tell you about later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment