3/23/10

The Caterpillar


I love to see toddlers come into our shop. Their eyes are wide with wonder. In our lobby we have a toy musical caterpillar for them to play with. It’s fun to hear the sounds of the alphabet and the little child-like tunes it plays.

The other day, I became overwhelmed with paperwork and bookkeeping and the ringing of the phone. I left my desk in a daze and staggered to the front counter just to stand and stare out the windows. I listened to the busy hum of the shop behind me. Then I pulled out the caterpillar and proceeded to play a tune of letters and phrases. I thought it was funny – and a great stress reliever. I got some crazy looks, some giggles, then everyone went back to work, no doubt wondering if I was on the way to the loony bin.

Sometimes everyone needs a musical caterpillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment