3/16/10

A Three Scoop Day


My mamma never said there’d be days like this! I was ready for a mini-nervous breakdown.

First we learned that an employee had ordered a very large, very expensive sign without checking the measurements. Very unhappy customer! Did I say former employee?

Then there was the box truck we covered with vinyl. Who was it that measured that truck? Re-print and re-install.

Then our sign assembly person went berserk about something and stormed out, apparently never to be seen again.

We ran over a nail - after putting new tires on the car the week before.

Our newest (and very promising) salesperson announced that she was moving to California.

We had trouble collecting payment from a preacher, of all people!

And we completed a large and expensive job just as the customer (and the check) dropped off the face of the earth.

It wasn’t a good week. I needed someone’s shoulder to cry on. I went for a walk Saturday with my sister and brother-in-law and their dog. The dog did what dogs do, and my sister scooped poop. On this particular day, the dog had a stomach problem, and, after a couple more stops, my brother-in-law said this was a “three-scoop day.” I laughed until I cried. That put the whole week in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment