7/3/10

LAWYER'S POCKETS

(Story told by my brother-in-law.)

Early on in our marriage, we went to visit the in-laws. As the women were catching up on their talking, my mother-in-law's lawyer friend said, "Let's get out of here." Relief! We drove around a while, then landed at a restaurant. Very upscale. The type you didn't enter without a suit or sports coat - which we obviously weren't wearing! I'm thinking, "Does this guy think I'm loaded or something?" He told me to get one of the jackets out of the trunk. Fortunately, we were about the same size.

After dinner, good old big spender lawyer friend stood up, said he was going to the restroom and told me to get the tab! There I was, abandoned with only my credit card. Heck, it would probably be maxed out at this place! I thought of how mad my wife was going to be when she found out her grocery budget was spent in a fancy restaurant because of her mother's lawyer friend! I noticed I was breaking out in a sweat in his nice coat. Served him right!

Then he said, "Oh. Just check the pockets." Sure enough, there was money in every pocket in the coat. Plenty of it! I kept finding more and more of it.  The waiter just stood there with his mouth gaping.

I left a disproportionally generous tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment