7/20/10

TEMPTATION

My Bible study book says, "Temptation distracts us from being what we are meant to be in God's eyes." Yep.

I think I am meant to be part of our church - a contributing member of a group of awesome people. So when there's a church picnic (I love picnics) you'd think I'd remember it! Nope. I had a garage sale instead.

I also believe I am meant to be a writer. So when our website is getting designed, not only do I push aside my sewing group (awesome people at church I want to get to know better), but I also skip writing this blog for a few days. Missing rungs on my ladder to fame.

Maybe I'll learn to face those temptations head-on one day, recognize them as what they are - distractions - and quit taking the bait! But, as Lane Olinghouse said, "Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address."

And if you want to find out who Lane Olinghouse is, stay tuned. I'm still trying to find out myself! So I'll leave you with a quote from good old Uncle Wiggily, who said, "Next, if the gum drop doesn't fall down stairs and break the lollypop's stick, I'll tell you about Sammie and the eggs" - or in this case, Lane Olinghouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment