7/19/10

MOVING

(This was written in Green Lake, WI, in 1988.)

Yes we're moving again. We just got here three years ago and I'm just now becoming familiar with this state and town. Now here we go to St. Louis. Did you know that Wisconsin has some of the lowest car insurance rates in the country?!

Moving means having a garage sale AND an open house. Now you tell me - how in the world can I do both? I'll clean out the closets first, then I'll find a place for the junk (magically) until the garage sale, then I'll clean up and get ready for the open house.

Meanwhile, I have to go to St. Louis again to look at the school systems, house hunt, work out a new budget, and make decisions about insurance. And as if my life weren't complicated enough, I had to buy TWO new sets of tires last week, plus shocks. (The car's shocks, not mine!)

As school draws to a close, our children look forward to summer camp. How in the world am I going to get one child to a Wisconsin camp in June and one child to an Ohio camp in July, when I don't know when I'll be in Wisconsin and when I'll be in Missouri?

If we move to an apartment in Missouri temporarily, there's the family dog to consider. Perhaps I can lose him at the garage sale, or at least en route between camps or something.

1 comment: