5/19/10

Clown Act


We saw a show at our hotel restaurant last night. Jugglers and balancing acts and a lady who twirled maybe thirty hula hoops from her toes to the top of her fingers. What a sight! Then came the clown with the whistle. He got four guys out of the crowd and made them mimic him as he shook and jumped and cavorted. These guys were good sports about it, and after about ten minutes I thought the really amazing feat was that they still looked like they were having fun. I was bored and focused on my Margarita again.
Pretty soon, though, I heard everybody laughing and looked around, and that clown had those four guys in the strangest position I've ever seen. (It's not what you think. This is a G-rated blog.) Each guy had his butt on a knee-high stool, feet on the floor, and was reclining on the next guy's knees, so that the four formed a circle. The clown was dancing around them tooting his whistle, and he started pulling the stools out from under them! It worked! They didn't tumble! I think I'll try that on someone when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment