5/4/10

Vacation Plans Continue



So far I've printed 26 pages of confirmations, changes, etc. Little surprises are cropping up all over the place. For instance, I thought I got a real deal on the plane tickets through BJ's until I spoke with the airline personnel direct & found out it was their regular price.

The travel guidebook warns of brownouts and surges that can kill your laptop, so you should buy a $45 surge protector before going. I called the hotel. No problem. They will gladly rent you one for $10/day, in addition to the Wi-Fi charge of about $15/day.

Verizon calls cost $l.48/minute. I guess that beats email, under these circumstances. Not that I plan to even think about home anyway!

The travel guidebook also mentions the 3% conversion fees that some places charge if you don't pay in their national currency. And I still have to check out the ATM fees over there! And VISA charges $10 for each cash advance, even if it's only for $5!

I haven't been in an airport since 9/11, so I figured I'd better find out how many bags you can check. Gees! Egads! Jiminy Crickets! It costs $25 to check my bag???? I'm going to take a change of underwear in my purse and forget the rest!

This trip is turning into a-la-carte!


No comments:

Post a Comment