5/31/10

Snakes

I wish I had seen this! A friend described it this way: "I looked out the door and saw my neighbor and my husband running in opposite directions. I knew immediately - it was a snake! He was running for a shovel and she was running for the mothballs! She said that snakes hate mothballs, and pretty soon she was throwing mothballs all over the yard!"


People do the darnedest things when snakes appear. My mother, saw a black snake in our front yard one time. Well, Mom was dressed for church in her hat, gloves, and high heel shoes (this was the 50s), and she ran to the basement, got a hoe, and started chasing that snake all over the yard. She cut off a piece of his tail.

Another time Mom screamed "There's a snake!" and sent my sister running to fetch the neighbor. He arrived red-faced and armed with a shovel, only to find a tiny, harmless green snake. My mom never lived it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment