6/8/10

CURTAINS

Why not use one color curtain over one window and another over the others in the same room? "Think outside the box!" I look at the room - old LazyBoys re-covered around, oh, maybe 1992. All the beautiful curtains in the world aren't going to help those! The new bright blue sofa ("new" in my house meaning seven years old) was supposed to bring out the blue patterns in the old chairs. Not.

I used to be creative. In our last house I made kitchen curtains out of nylon net shawls, and I painted the bedroom dark green. (Don't do that, by the way. It makes your complexion look horrible in the mirror.) But for the last seven years I've been working my mousetail off at our small woman-owned business. Just the thought of being creative made me tired.

Now I'm semi-retired. The time has come! Look out old furniture. Here comes the paint. It's curtains for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment