6/5/10

VOLUNTEERED TOO QUICKLY


Our church needed some signs, so I volunteered our sign shop. That part was easy. But I tend to jump first, then think, so I also volunteered my husband and myself to meet with the church committee to walk the grounds and advise them about signage placement.

The closer we got to the scheduled date, the more nervous I got. Our daughter and son know exactly how to meet with clients and help them decide such things. They know every kind of sign material we use and under what circumstances to use it, and they can talk intelligently and help people make decisions about their signs. I, on the other hand, am a bookkeeper. My husband is a former textile manager. The only reason we were on this mission was because this was our personal donation to the church – hence, our project!

As the day approached, I kept thinking, “I wonder what materials we should use,” and “I wonder how they’ll be made and installed,” and “I wonder how I’ll advise these people.” So I was very relieved when my daughter offered to go with us. (I think she had a premonition!)

We drove to the church and she led the committee through their signage needs and I was one proud (and relieved) mamma mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment