6/13/10

ROPE KNOTS PART 2

In my quest for the name of the knot I had tied, I went to this website: http://www.proknot.com/html/rope_knots.html. One of the 24 knots it names is a "constrictor knot." When I saw that I thought, "Gee, there's one I know. It's probably a hangman's noose, since hangman's noose isn't in the list. Everyone knows a hangman's noose should be in a list of knots! Don't they watch cowboy movies on this website? So I clicked it, and here's what a constrictor knot looks like. (I hope proknot.com doesn't mind if I show their illustration. I'm giving them some good hype, am I not?)

It doesn't look anything like a hangman's noose. Now I was curious. I began searching for a hangman's noose. (It doesn't take much to challenge me.) I looked down the list and "taughtline hitch" sounded good. You could probably hang someone with a taughtline hitch. (I'm really not planning a hanging.) I clicked it and decided you probably wouldn't have much luck trying to hang someone with that one.

So I scrolled down further and - oh-my-gosh! There's a button to click and you get sixty more knot names. I counted. But no hangman's noose. However, I did find a disclaimer at the bottom saying not to use these for rock climbing. I'm about as likely to try that as hanging someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment