6/19/10

PANTS ALTERATION

My husband lost weight and didn't have a suit to wear to a wedding - or to anything, for that matter! So we hit the sales. He bought one, and we took the pants to be altered. A very small job that wouldn’t take more than a couple of days. We waited for a call. And waited. We needed the pants Saturday, so on Thursday we drove to the one-person alteration shop and a sign on the door said, "Closed Wed. through Tuesday. Family emergency."


After I picked my husband up off the sidewalk and dodged some very sharp exclamations he threw around, we went to the store to find some slacks to match the suit coat, I thought. I found the suit, I thought. He said, "That's not the same suit." I said, "That IS the same suit. I'll bet you money."

After he showed me the correct suit, we tried to find some pants that would go with the coat, I thought. He kept picking up tan pants instead of gray. He was matching his navy blue sports coat. Of course! All this time the US Open was going on at home.

The next day he said he meant to match the suit coat but was too mad to think. Anyway, he put on the new tan pants. I pinned them up and walked off. I heard a thud and another one of those sharp exclamations - about pins and skin.

OK. It was Friday morning. We were leaving Saturday morning. I found a dry cleaner who would hem them and clean the blood off them by 5:00, and I was more than glad to get out of the house! But everything turned out OK - and the pin wound healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment