6/24/10

Where Are the Pictures?


All I had to do was take the pictures. I dutifully went to the site and took pictures of the signs we had installed. I brought them back to the shop and gave the camera to my son Fred to offload the pictures from the camera into the “Drop” on his computer. The Drop is a wonderful folder on our network that all of our computers can use. You just drop a picture into it from one computer and take it out on another computer.


Fred dropped them in and then deleted them from the camera, as we always do. Unfortunately, I forgot about the pictures until a couple of weeks later. When I sat down and opened the Drop, you guessed it - no pictures! Fred had thought I had retrieved the pictures, and he who never organizes anything had done some housecleaning and cleaned out the Drop. Bummer.

Next day, I grabbed the first camera I saw and went to photograph the signs again. When I arrived at the site, I realized this was the camera we used to use - the one that doesn’t hold many pictures. But I got enough pictures to get by and brought the camera back to the shop and asked Fred to offload them. Oh dear. The offloading cord for this camara had been lost long ago.

I got the right camera and took the darn pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment