6/22/10

TO-DO LIST

I like to be read, write, and calculate numbers. (Yes, I 'm the weirdo who loves balancing a checkbook. Just wish I had more to work with there!) I'm greedy and offensively defensive about my time. Don't tell me to do something! I've already got a chronic "To-Do List."


Sometimes God knocks a knot on my head, so to speak. Recently I read, "God didn't put us on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. We're called human beings, not human doings."

"Imagine that you had won the following prize in a contest:  Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400.00 into your checking account.  However - (1) everything you didn’t spend during each day would be taken away from you, and (2) the bank can end the game without warning at any time. What would you do?

"Actually, this game is reality!! The magical bank is TIME! Each day we receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life. What we haven’t lived up that day is forever lost - gone - caput!" (that last word is mine).

I think someone's trying to tell me something!

No comments:

Post a Comment