6/11/10

OTIS

I was sitting in a rocking chair at the local car shop when across the top of my newspaper I saw a Chinese Pug sashaying straight toward me. This prissy little guy had a face that was molded inside a box, and his chunky body sure wasn't eye candy. His name was Otis. He asked me for some petting, got it, graciously gurgled (his version of purring), then picked up his toy, jumped on the couch, and flirted with me, tilting his head coquettishly.

I went back to my reading and Otis sneezed a few times through that smushed up nose of his and apologized with an embarrassed glance. Then he stared out the window, waiting for a more enthusiastic customer.

Pretty soon his perfect mark walked in. Otis greeted her with gusto. She made a big deal over him, which he rewarded with gurgles and wiggles as doggy hairs floated through the air. She told him, "You've made my day!" He must have understood her because of the smug look he gave me. He was adorable, but I like watching more than playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment