6/28/10

MOJO'S PLAYPEN

Our living room rug is Cat Mojo's playpen. He romps on it, pulling out tufts of carpet with his claws. Last week he got crazy. Tufts were everywhere! I picked them up, showed them to him and fussed at him. He seemed to understand. You see, Mojo, even though he is a cat, wants to please us. (And if you believe that I've got some property to sell you.)

Things got back to normal for a while. But then he struck! It looked like it had snowed! I knew this was war, and Mojo wasn't going to win. I needed time to think, so I moved some furniture and folded the heavy rug over on itself as far as it would go, stopping short of the other furniture. I laid sofa pillows over every square inch of carpet that was still exposed. Ugly? Yes!

A couple of days later my husband threatened me, so I decided to fix the room back the way it was before. That was three days ago, and (can you believe this?) Mojo has not pulled up one tuft of carpet.

But he won't speak to me. He sits in font of me and turns his back - cat language for "You are a #%@&!#!!" I wonder when the next offensive will begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment