6/10/10

GOSH IT'S HOT! (I wrote this last Saturday)

The blinds are closed and the oscillating floor fan is four feet away and aimed at me. I have battened down every piece of paper in sight - and there are a lot of them. The house is a comfortable temperature for anybody except women over forty or pregnant.

Last night there was a free concert downtown in Raleigh. I went to a cool bar for chicken wings and beer instead. My husband really had to twist my arm.

I'd love to be a kid again, running through the sprinkler, sitting in a big pan of water, eating watermelon that dripped off my chin and elbows, and spitting seeds. Hmmm. I've got some watermelon in the fridge. It's seedless. It's been cut into bite size pieces. I've had a cool shower and am clean and dry. Life is good!

I need to clean the house and paint some furniture and iron the stack of clothes that has accumulated for six weeks. But really!

No comments:

Post a Comment