6/18/10

SMART PHONE IS STUPID!

When a SmartPhone stops offloading photos onto a computer, even though it was doing fine a minute ago, it sounds like something's wrong with the SmartPhone. Right?

I called the phone company's tech support guy. When he told me to call the phone manufacturer, I thought, "This is definitely a phone problem, not a computer problem."

I called the manufacturer and they couldn't figure it out. Second confirmation that it was a phone problem.

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. No help.

I called tech support again, and another technician couldn't figure it out. (Third confirmation.) He finally said to take out the battery and put it back in. (This is real technical!) 

I took it down to the local phone store.  The lady there repositioned the battery but it didn't help. (There's the fourth clue that this phone was not working.) She said to go back home and call technical support again, and if I couldn't get it resolved they'd have to replace the phone.

I did, and the tech lady said the "partnership" between the phone and the computer wasn't working. (Neither was my "partnership" with the phone company!) This was confirmation number five. Then she said it looked like I was going to have to email the pictures to my computer instead of offloading them with a cable. She gave me a 10% credit for six months to pay for emails. I almost told her where she could put that credit, but I didn't because she was a really nice lady.

I called a computer expert I knew. He logged onto my computer and tried to get that partnership to partner. He finally determined that neither the computer nor the USB cable was at fault. Let's see, this was the sixth confirmation that my phone was NOT WORKING!

One last try. I reinstalled the software, repositioned the battery and rebooted the computer. Then I said, "This is it," or something like that.

I called Customer Service and said it's time to replace the phone. She said to call technical support TO DETERMINE IF IT WAS THE PHONE CAUSING THE PROBLEM! I said "NO! THEY HAVE ALREADY DETERMINED THAT!!!" She kept insisting and I kept saying NO!"

I took it back to the store and they ordered me a new phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment