4/17/14

Broken Glass



It all started with popcorn.  I put some butter in a very heavy glass measuring cup, melted it, and knocked it out of the microwave.  I watched in slow motion thinking, “There is no way that big, heavy glass measuring cup will break on a Formica floor.”  As it crashed to the floor, I jumped back and lost my balance.  By the time I got my feet straightened out, I was standing on a shard of glass.

I couldn’t get to the paper towels, so I hopped to the closest bathroom.  Whew!  No blood on the carpet. To get to the bandages I crawled across the carpet to the other bathroom while holding a wad of toilet paper on the bottom of my foot.  If you think that’s easy, try it!

I opened the cut (not too wide open!), poured peroxide into it and shut it up tight with gauze and adhesive tape wrapped ‘round and ‘round my foot.  The tight bandages should help it grow back together. I think.

Best of all - there’s not a drop of blood on my carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment