4/21/14

EXERCISE CLASS



Who me?  Exercise?  I remember my first aerobics class about 25 years ago.  I had never even stepped inside a fitness center, and I was scared.  What if everyone in there is a health nut?  What if they all have those cute outfits and look like Jane Fonda?  Believe me.  They didn’t.

After the first class, I couldn’t walk.  The instructor asked me if the pain was in my quads.  My what?  What are they?

Then someone walked in and asked if the bed was free.  My eyebrows went up.  Then I learned what a tanning bed was.  I thought tanning was done in a room full of sun lamps.

Eventually I bought one of those cute outfits.  That’s when the change began.  I got into the music.  I sang along with my teenagers’ boom boxes and let them play their radio stations in the car. 

Now those songs have become “oldies,” as have I.  Now I know what abs are.  And now I definitely don’t wear those cute outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment