4/16/14

HOME COOKING


I love home cooking.  And I could cook some good stuff when my kids were younger.  But they wouldn’t eat it.  On a visit with my family, my candid sister pointed out that part of the problem with my kids’ attitude might be a nutrition problem.  And furthermore, she said my kids didn’t know how to eat what was set before them when they were visiting in other people’s homes. 

I decided to change them when I got home.  (I also tried to buy stock in a beach in Arizona that year.)  I informed my children that, from now on, they would eat a whole serving of everything on the table – not merely a microscopic “taste.”  I further informed them that throwing up wouldn’t help, because they’d have to eat the same thing anyway the next time I served it.  I added that, if they did get sick from eating it, they need not worry because they wouldn’t get quite as sick the second time.

They told me that they had missed me while I was away, but that they were a little sorry I was back.

No comments:

Post a Comment