4/1/14

Golf's Not For Me




I bought golf clubs ten years ago.  My husband gave them away five years ago – with my blessing! 

It all started when we moved to a golf community.  I agreed to join the Ladies’ Golf League.  Why?  Something to do with being in Rome and – you know the rest. 

During my lessons (all two of them), I hit some beauties.  My heart raced when the club made square contact with the ball.  I finally nailed that sucker!  But on the golf course, I bombed. 

I only lasted three Wednesdays.  One of those Wednesdays I finished nine holes.  It took four hours and I swung the club well over 100 times.  The other three in my foursome assured me that the mob backed up behind us was friendly.

“Do I really like this game?” I asked myself.  I confessed to temporary insanity and asked my husband to shoot me if he ever saw another golf club in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment