4/27/14

SATURDAY MORNINGS



Everybody knows that kids watch cartoons in the living room on Saturday mornings.  That’s when mom and dad get to have coffee in bed, read the paper, and laugh at the cute things the kids have done that week.  Those are the moments I live for.  Why do I find the whole family in my bed on some Saturday mornings?  Even the dogs appear and put their greedy little paws on the mattress, just waiting for a weak moment when one kid might invite them up on the bed.

My newspapers get squashed and my coffee cup gets bumped.  Our TV gets turned on so everybody can watch cartoons.  (Our black-and-white TV must show better cartoons than the family color TV in the living room.)

If I dare forfeit my place to go for more coffee, it’s occupied when I return, without even an offer to share a pillow.

Ah, parenthood!


No comments:

Post a Comment