4/3/14

Z/28


Did you know that the Camaro Z/28 is back for model year 2014?  It was a beautiful car back in the eighties.  One day in 1986, the car dealer picked up my station wagon to take it in for a check-up, leaving me a loner car.  I looked outside and there sat the sportiest, snazziest, REDDEST car I had ever seen – a Z/28.  It seems it was their only loner at the time. 

I had to pick up my daughter Susan at 11:30 to go to the dentist.  When Susan saw me waving to her from the window of a Z/28, she almost fainted.  To appreciate this, you have to understand that this twelve-year-old had been crazy about sports cars since she was nine.  Whenever we passed one, she would point and squeal, “Car! Car! Car! Car!”  We all knew when she spotted one coming because her jaw flopped down and her eyes practically popped out of her head.

She groped her way into the front seat, speechless except for, “Wowwwwww! and again “Wowwwwww!”  When she caught her breath she asked, “How long can we keep it?”  “Just today,” I said.  “Can’t you call them and tell them to fix some more things on our car?” she pleaded.  “About a week’s worth?”

The drive to the dentist’s office was the highlight of Susan’s young life.  Between gasps, she whispered, “The only time I’ve ever ridden in one of these was in a dream!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment